Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A typical day

As promised here is my second blog about what I do in a typical day

630 alarm goes off
650 second alarm goes off
715 third and final alarm goes off I get up and get ready for school, we wear uniforms so it doesn´t take me long to put get dressed, eat breakfast, and put myself together. Normally it is just me, my mom, and sometimes Rodrigo depending on what time he has class at the U.
745 dad picks me up and gives me my daily snack that yaya has made, [sandwich, and yogurt with cereal]
755 get to school which starts at eight and make my way upstairs to my classroom, now this is what´s different from the US, every day we have different classes, also the students don´t move, the teacher does.


English
Biology
Philosophy
History
Physics
History
Biology
Biology
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Language(english)
Language(English)
English
History
Religion
Language(english)
English
English
History
Tutoria
Math
Chemistry
Math
Language(english)
Tutoria
Math
Chemistry
Chemistry
Biology
Philosophy
Religion

Religion
Math
Lunch
Lunch



Biology
Gym



Math





Each class is approxiamately 50 minutes, so yes, Monday´s are dreadful.

Our adorable uniforms (not my classmates, just a photo I stole from the google)



So I wasn´t able to find a picture of the school on the internet but it´s nothing on the outside like the schools in the US, its on a busy city block and the outside is basically just tall stucco walls with barbwire at the tops. The school has students from first grade through twelvth, seperated into two or three seperate patios. The classrooms are indoors but if you step outside the classrooms you are in a courtyard with no roof. Another difference in school is that we have 5-15 minutes between classes and an hour for lunch on mondays, the rest of the days we don´t have to come back and we´re free to have lunch where ever since there is no cafeteria. I go to my grandma´s house most days, she used to have a restaurant so everyday the food gets better, that´s probably my favorite part of the day to be honest.

200-500 again, the time I get home depends on the day. Get out of my uniform, usually shower or relax for a while, go on Facebook, Twitter, typical teenage things, go outside. For instance today I went on a bike ride with Felipe, well he ran, and I biked. I´ve gone running with my brothers two or three times since I got here and those of you who know me can probably imagine how that went, especially since they are both soccer players. I think the first time was like 7 km which wasn´t so bad as the last time when I had a headcold and they wanted to run for 10 or 11 km, needless to say I walked most of the way that day.

After that we usually ¨tomar once¨ which is like a little meal after lunch whenever you get hungry before dinner. Usually bread, avacado, tea, or whatever you feel like.

Then I do ´homework´ aka sit in my room and try become a Breaking Bad fan. Then we usually have dinner at around 8 or 9, sometimes as a family, sometimes not. Sundays we usually always eat together on the patio, it´s getting less awkward as my english progresses, I have to say sitting for an hour or more at a table with people when you can´t really chime in is pretty frustrating.

1000-1200 Set my heated blanket, not because it´s cold but just because I can. Hop into bed, check the twitter one last time, my whatsapp, and go to bed.



Okay so a lot of you have been asking me what my house is like. It´s a typical south american house I think, most of them are connected so our next door neighbors are literally next door. We have two levels, three bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, laundry room, a little room with a fouton and antiques, and a bathroom. It´s a super cute house made even cuter by the size of electronics here in Chile, the washing machine, stove, and refrigerator are all about half the size of their equivalents in the states.
Our house, much to see from the oustide since all houses here are surrounded by 6 foot walls. 


View from outside the house. 
Our living room  


Until next time,
Nikita. 





No comments:

Post a Comment